Location | Photos | Rooms | Rates | Directions | Activities | Tours | Contact Us | Reservations
The Banana Bungalow Hollywood Hostel
is a very popular international destination with a great location in the center of Los Angeles and Hollywood. It is an "oasis for backpackers" with all the amenities, activities and events that travelers truly want from a youth hostel. A friendly staff, a fun international crowd to hang out with, cool rooms, lots of hip common space, a great vibe and atmosphere, a home base to meet new friends, plus daily events and activities that supply lots of fun for very cheap or even free.
LA's coolest hostel!
We give travelers exactly what they are looking for at a youth hostel, FUN. You will have everything you need to enjoy your whole "LA Experience"! More...
Call to reserve... 1-888-9-HOSTEL
We are right on Hollywood Boulevard in the heart of Hollywood with a view of the Hollywood sign from our courtyard. You will be walking distance from all the action of Hollywood and centrally located in Los Angeles, the hostel is close to the subway and bus stops to get around the "City of the Angels". We are a Cool Hollywood Motel that has been remodeled into a "colorful retro designed" LA youth hostel, and right down the street is all the action of Hollywood with restuarants, bars, clubs, theaters, shops and more, a very cool city to explore, yes! eat, drink, hang out and meet other cool people from around the world....
From the BANANA BUNGALOW HOLLYWOOD HOSTEL you can walk to:
0 - The Hollywood SignThe Hollywood Sign can be seen from our courtyard, you can bike or hike up to it, or venture to the Bronson Caves or Griffith Park to enjoy the outdoors or the observatory and see where many movies and TV shows have been filmed. Griffith Park is a Los Angeles landmark and has over 4,210 acres of both natural chapparal-covered terrain and landscaped parkland and picnic areas, it's the largest municipal park with urban wilderness area in the United States and it's right down the street from us.We are the closest of the Los Angeles hostels to the Hollywood sign.
1 - Hollywood and HighlandHollywood and Highland has become the "Times Square" of Los Angeles with the Walk of Fame, live TV shows, the Chinese Theater, endless shops and food, plus the Kodak Theater home to the Academy Awards.
2 - The Cahuenga CorridorHollywood and Highland has become the "Times Square" of Los Angeles with the Walk of Fame, live TV shows, the Chinese Theater, endless shops and food, plus the Kodak Theater home to the Academy Awards.
3 - Hollywood and VineHollywood and Vine is a Historic Intersection that has the subway metro rail station linking you with the rest of Los Angeles, and also features the Pantages Theater and the W hotel complex of amazing new restarants, shops, bars, hotel and much more.
4 - Sunset and VineSunset and Vine has been redeveloped featuring shops, theaters, restaurants and things to do for any budget. Including the Arclight Thearte complex, one of the best places to see current movies or a movie premiere.
5 - Hollywood and Western
Hollywood and Western has access to the Los Angeles subway metro rail and a huge discount grocery store.
6 - Theater RowTheater Row has an array of small acting theaters, this is where many big stars get their start acting and performing in live thearte. You could see the next Brad Pitt or Scarlett Johansen.
7 - The Sunset StripThe Sunset Strip is probably the best place to see movie stars at night partying in some of the most famous nightclubs in the world. Our other hostel in West Hollywood is the closest to the Sunset Strip of the LA hostels and we offer info on where to go and how to get it.
Right next door is the Palms Thai Restaurant , the best Thai restaurant in Los Angeles. Also within walking distance is the Fonda Theater or 'Music Box' for concerts and shows, the giant Create nightclub, the glamorous Pantages Theater for live theater, the classic Palladium nightclub, the Avalon nightclub, and more.
Close to the Banana Bungalow Hollywood are the following places: The Dolby Theater (1.2 miles), The Hollywood Bowl (1.5 miles), Griffith Park (1.7 miles), The Hollywood Sign (2.4 miles), The Greek Theater (2.6 miles), Universal Studios (3.5 miles), Downtown LA (6 miles), Santa Monica Beach (13 miles), Venice Beach (14 miles), Magic Mountain (29 miles), Disneyland (32 miles)....
Click on any photo for a bigger view.
The Banana Bungalow Hollywood Hostel offers a lot for the international backpacker. The two main spots for hostels in Los Angeles are Hollywood and Venice Beach. The Banana Bungalow Hollywood has important amenities that other LA hostels just don’t have. Most dorms have kitchens and cable TV right in the rooms. Wireless is free throughout the building and there are mac computers that offer free internet access if you don’t have a lap top, and there is a free networked printer for your printing needs. There is free breakfast, a basketball area, billiards, karaoke stage, movie room, ping pong, foosball, coin laundry, free parking and also a lounge, tiki garden and courtyard for gatherings and socializing. This is a very cool hostel....
The Lounges Baby
Take your pick depending on your mood. The Movie Lounge, the Billiards Lounge, the Courtyard or the Tiki Garden. Fun.
Get your freek on with a comfortable queen size bed and satellite TV. Definitely as private as you want to be.
Everybody gets on fabulously. All with private baths and most with kitchens. Clean, carpeted and cool. Love and respect included.
Most dorms and all the premium privates include thier own kitchen. All the kitchens have a microwave, stove, refrigerator, dining space, tv and kitchen and dinning supplies. Save your travel money cooking at the Banana there are grocery stores right on our street, including a nice farmer's market. or Ralphs grocerystore. Of the hostels in LA we are the only one to provide kitchens in the rooms and dorms...
Outside and in the center of the building, this is where to go to see or be seen. With blue skies, sunshine, palm trees and music it's a cool place to meet up before exploring Hollywood and Los Angeles. Hang out in the street side cafe style common space or play some Basketball, Foosball, Ping Pong before you head out and explore LA!
The Billiards Lounge
Relax and play Billiards any time day or night.
Show off your singing skills, every Wednesday we have an amazing karaoke night that will rock your socks off. Get up on stage and be a star or cheer your friends on as they perform live....
Tiki Garden & Patio
There's a whole island back there. Cool off while tanning with an outdoor shower, or hang out in the evening enjoying free barbeques or early evening gatherings. A tropical hideaway where you can build your own free coffee and tea anytime, plus FREE Breakfast everyday!
Club Night Out
Hollywood has some of the world's hottest nightclubs, and we can take you there!
Free Internet Rooms
Free High Speed Internet Access 24 hours a day. We have 2 computer rooms with 6 computers that you are welcome to use for free, keep in touch with all your friends from around the world. Also there is Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel.
- Hot Hollywood Location
- Free Internet
- Free Wireless
- Free Breakfast
- Free Parking Near Rooms, on a Limited and First Come Basis
- Ample Street Parking as well
- Free Coffee and Tea all day
- Free Barbeques and Gatherings
- Private Bath in Every Room and Dorm
- Cheap Private Rooms
- Kitchens in most Dorms and Rooms
- Satellite TV w/ 100's of channels in all Rooms & most Dorms
- Free Lockers in Every Dorm
- Free Linens
- Free Luggage Storage
- Free Courtesy Phone, call anywhere in US for free
- Fun Lounge with Dancing, Guest DJ's and Karaoke
- Sidewalk Cafe Style Courtyard
- Tiki Garden with Sunbathing, Music and Refreshments
- Billiards, Basketball, Ping Pong, Foosball and Games
- Big Screen Movie Rooms w/ 60" TVs & Surround Sound
- Krazy Karaoke Night
- Hollywood Hills self guided Hiking and Biking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Celebrity Tour
- Los Angeles/ Hollywood City Tour
- Limo Excursions and Tours
- Party Bus Rides, see Hollywood in style!
- Special Hollywood Club Access
- Discounts on Tours and Shuttles including Disneyland, Magic Mountain, LA City and Universal Studios
- LA's Best Thai Restaurant next door, $5 lunches & $10 Dinners
- No Curfew and No Lockout
- Discounted Weekly Rates
- 6 bed dorms with 6 people per room or
- 8 bed dorms with 2 rooms and 4 people per room or
- Free TV Show Tickets
- ATM on premises
- Cheap Car Rental companies available
- Coin Laundry with Free Soap
- Carpeted Cool Retro Design
- Safe and Secure Building
- Handicap Friendly, CASp Inspected
- Super Clean with Housekeeping Everyday
- Premium Private Rooms have a Queen size
bed alone OR a Queen plus one Twin bed OR a Queen plus two Twin beds in a bunk, a full kitchen, a 27 inch TV with satellite, air conditioning and a private bathroom
with bathtub and shower.
- Budget Private Rooms have a Queen size bed alone OR a Queen plus one Twin bed OR a Queen plus two Twin beds in a bunk, a 27 inch TV with satellite, small
refrigerator, microwave, air conditioning and private bathroom with a shower.
- Traveler Dorm Rooms with Kitchens have six Twin beds with six people per room, OR eight Twin beds with two rooms having four people per room, plus, a full kitchen, a 27 inch TV with satellite, lockers, air conditioning and a private bathroom with bathtub and shower.
- Budget Traveler Dorm Rooms have six or eight Twin beds per room, lockers and a private bathroom
with a shower.
||Oct 16 –
|Dec 1 –
|Mar 1 –
|Jun 1 –
|Jul 1 –
|Sep 16 –
|1. Premium Private Room w/ Kitchen
|2. Budget Private Room
|Private rates are for 1 or 2 people.
Extra people in privates, per person:
|3. Traveler Dorm Bed w/ Kitchen
|4. Budget Traveler Dorm Bed
Dorm rates are per person.
WEEKLY RATES... SAVE !
Save $10 per week for dorms, and $20 per week for privates, when entire week is paid in advance and with cash.
• Rates are subject to change at anytime.
• Weekly discounted rates must be paid in cash and in advance.
• Rates are subject to fourteen percent Los Angeles City tax when applicable.
• A valid VISA OR MASTERCARD DEBIT or CREDIT CARD IS REQUIRED to reserve or stay and the card must be in the name of the guest.
• The credit card is to hold the reservation and for the deposit, it will not be charged unless there is a no show or deposit problem.
• Once you have paid for your accommodation there are no refunds.
• Cancellations for reservations must be made more than 48 hours in advance or you will be charged a no show.
• No shows are charged an administrative fee of one night plus seven dollars.
• Once you arrive you must pay before you can stay, we accept cash, traveler's checks and Visa or Mastercard for payment.
• Published rates are for cash payments only and include a five percent discount, other payment methods including debit or credit cards do not receive this discount.
• Dorms are for travelers with recent PROOF OF TRAVEL which means a recently stamped passport or a plane, train or bus ticket.
• There is a 28 day maximum stay, no exceptions.
• Check in is after 2:00 pm but if you arrive earlier we will try to check you in if the room is ready.
• Check out is at 11:00 am.
• If you will be arriving after 6:00 pm please confirm with us the day of your arrival.
• Parking is free, it is limited and first come first serve, there is also ample street parking.
• All rates are available only through this web site.
|Thanks for choosing the Banana Bungalow Hollywood Hostel.... Click Here to MAKE A RESERVATION !
The three main things when you are traveling as a backpacker are #1 The people that you meet, #2 The experiences that you have, and #3 the cool hostels that you stay at! We can deliver all three. We have many in house activities that will offer you the chance to meet some very interesting people from around the world, we have many great experiences, and you"ll be staying at the most popular hostels in LA. All this for very cheap or even free, as we also coordinate with our other Los Angeles hostel in West Hollywood so you will always have something to do. Often with lots of free food, DJ's and a cool social atmosphere. We also offer the following activities:
- Free Social Nights - Lots of fun with a cool crowd of people, free refreshments, great music with guest DJ's, live bands on stage & lots of new friends.
- Free Karaoke Night - Get up on stage and sing your heart out. Be a star for one night or clap for your friends as they belt it out.
- Free Pub Crawl - We will escort you to some of the coolest clubs and bars right down the street in the hottest party zone of Hollywood and Los Angeles.
- Party Bus Limo Rides - See Hollywood in style! Be treated like a movie star and cruise out to bars and clubs.
- Billiards Tournaments - Compete with other people for the chance to be crowned the pool champion.
- Ping Pong Tournaments - Play for fun or compete with other people from around the world, it's free!
- Celebrity Tours - See the movie capital of the world up close and personal, ours is the best because we take you with other backpackers and don't stop at a bunch of other touristy hotels.
- Free Movies - Watch hit movies on our big screen TVs with surround sound.
- Free Breakfast - Sit in the Tiki garden & enjoy cereals, oatmeal, toast with peaunut butter, jellies & jams, coffee & tea all for free.
- Free Soccer Matches - Represent your country on the soccer field. Play with other hostels in Los Angeles.
- Free Basketball Matches - Show off your round ball skills. We have a basketball court right in our courtyard.
- Free Foosball - Play as much as you want, foosball with one on one or a fun game of doubles with new friends from around the world.
- Free Access to Clubs and Events - All dressed up and everywhere to go, hit clubs and events all over Hollywood, LA & the Sunset Strip.
- Free Events at Other Hostels - Make new friends and go to events and activities at our other Hostel located in West Hollywood.
- Game Night - Play fun games with other travelers in our cool social atmospere.
- Hiking & Biking in "The Hills" - The Hollywood Sign, Runyon Canyon, Bronson Caves and Griffith Park all offer a great self guided hike or bike.
Click here for: "MORE TOUR INFO"
||Tours and shuttles are available to get you around Los Angeles including a fantastic Celebrity tour that takes you in an air conditioned van to many of the interesting and famous sights of Hollywood and Beverly Hills featuring movie star homes and beyond. You can EMAIL US for more tour info at Banana Bungalow Tours . Our tour events include:
- Universal Studios
- Magic Mountain
- L.A./Hollywood City Tour
- Celebrity Tour
- Venice Beach
- Party Bus Limo Rides
- Stars Homes
- Griffith Observatory
- Getty Museum
- Pubs, Night Clubs and more...
| (844) 469-2500 ...Toll free in US
(323) 469-2500 ...Office
(323) 469-6200 ...Fax
Click here to email us.
5920 Hollywood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90028